the new way to play™
PocketGK™ Bass Guitar Amp App FAQs for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
1) What are the hardware and software and requirements for best performance?
- iOS 4.3 or later
- iPad 1/2/3/4, iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch 4th/5th generation*
- iRiffPort or other high quality iOS guitar interface
*Note: For iPad 4, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5th generation, iRiffPort works with the Apple genuine Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
2) Do I need to import songs into the PocketGK music player?
No. PocketGK plays music directly from the iTunes music library on the device.
3) How do I use the Feedback Control switch?
For iRiffPort, this control is not needed. For headphone adaptor interfaces, set the feedback control to ON when using headphones.
4) How do I mix iTunes music with my guitar volume?
Select your album art to activate the Song Trainer. Use the Mix control to mix in the background music volume.
5) Is PocketGK low-latency?
Yes. You will not hear or feel delay.6) The volume seems low. How can I get more?
PocketGK always starts with a reduced volume. Everytime you start PocketGK, you should increase the MASTER control to your desired practice level.
7) How does the GATE control work?
The GATE control configures the noise gate signal level. The noise gate is deactivated by setting this control to zero.
8) How do the Named Presets work?
9) I am having trouble using PocketGK. What should I do?
The Presets button takes you to the named presets table for unlimited saving, deleting, and recalling quick preset combinations; using names assigned by you. If you recall a named preset and your current named preset has changed, a warning displays; asking if you want to continue without saving the current named preset.
If you remove PocketGK from your iOS device, the named presets are deleted.
10) What are the known issues?
Contact us so we can help you! Let us know what you would like improved.
There are a few issues we are investigating. In most cases, these issues should not affect you.
A) The new multi-tasking capabilities in iOS4 sometimes produce funny audio behaviour. Occasionally, we have seen a blinking red banner, which is a voice recording warning. We have also seen some confusion, where the music player plays the wrong track.
B) In iOS4, sometimes the hardware device volume seems to stop working. A reboot always fixes it.
C) We disable PocketGK audio when you press the On/Off/Sleep/Wake or Home button, because of performance issues on older iOS devices. We are monitoring this issue as iOS patches become available.
Let us know about any problems you have. In the meantime, it is safe to force quit an app, or restart your device.
To force quit (iOS4 devices with multitasking):
- double click the Home button
- press on hold one of the apps until they wobble
- select the red minus to force quit
- hold down the On/Off/Sleep/Wake button, then slide to power off
- hold down the On/Off/Sleep/Wake button again to power on