the new way to play™
David Ellefson Rock Shop App FAQs for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
1) What are the hardware and software and requirements for best performance?
- iOS 4.3 or later
- iPad 1/2/3/4, iPhone 4/4S/5, iPod touch 4th/5th generation*
- iRiffPort or other high quality iOS guitar interface
*Note: For iPad 4, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5th generation, iRiffPort works with the Apple genuine Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
2) Do I need to import songs from iTunes?
No. The app plays music directly from your iTunes music library on the device.
3) How do I use the Feedback Control switch?
For iRiffPort, this control is not needed. For headphone adaptor interfaces, set the feedback control to ON when using headphones.
4) How do I mix iTunes music with my guitar volume?
Select your album art to activate the Song Trainer. Use the Mix control to mix in the background music.
5) Is the app low-latency?
Yes. You will not hear or feel delay.6) How does the Noise Gate control work?
The Noise Gate control configures the gate signal level. The noise gate is deactivated by setting this control to zero.
7) How do the Presets work?
8) I am having trouble using the app. What should I do?
The Presets button takes you to the named presets table for unlimited saving, deleting, and recalling guitar/bass amp combinations; using names assigned by you. If you recall a named preset and your current named preset has changed, a warning displays; asking if you want to continue without saving the current named preset.
If you remove the app from your iOS device, the named presets are deleted.
Contact us so we can help you! Let us know what you would like improved.